The Norwegian Red Cross (NorCross) is part of the Red Cross Red Crescent (RCRC) Movement, the world’s largest humanitarian network with millions of volunteers operating in over 190 countries. The RCRC Movement’s mission is to alleviate human suffering, protect life and health, and uphold human dignity especially during armed conflicts and other emergencies. In Norway, the Red Cross has over 44?000 volunteers in 380 localities across the country. Read more: www.redcross.no
The position is placed in the Finance and Grants Unit in the International Programmes and Preparedness Department of the Norwegian Red Cross in Oslo. The Finance and Grants Unit provides effective, relevant and timely finance support to the department, including quality assurance and compliance towards NorCross and back donors financial and administrative regulations. The unit has 5 Programme Finance Coordinators, they have different geographical responsibilities which may change over time, depending on the needs.
The purpose of the position is to provide financial support to the international department, to improve processes and routines and contribute to strengthening the financial management.
Main tasks and responsibilities
- Coordinate and drive the budgeting process and year-end process; the two major financial processes during the year for his/her area of responsibility;
- Develop and improve routines and tools for better and more efficient financial management of funds
- Ensure that needed information on frames and requirements are available for budget holders in the field or at national office
- Keep an overview of his/her portfolio, supporting budget holders in ensuring timely transfers and follow-up of grants
- Train and support budget holders in financial management and reporting, ensuring compliance with and implementation of available financial tools and guidelines, routines and regulations
- Conduct financial monitoring/support visits to partners or NorCross offices upon request
- Participate in Task Force on request, and as per the Task Force Terms of Reference
- Conduct finance briefs with new staff at national office and in the field
We are searching for a person with the following qualities:
- Three years of proven experience with financial management of projects and programmes.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management, Accounting, Finance or similar. Four additional years of relevant experience can replace this.
- Excellent relational skills, and very good ability to cooperate and share competency
- Advanced user of digital financial management tools (Agresso, excel, others)
- Proactive, systematic and detailed oriented working approach. Proven experience with and ability to perform financial analysis.
- Fluency in English. Working proficiency in Norwegian (B2-Bergenstest), other languages are an advantage.
We can offer:
- Meaningful, interesting job and great colleagues!
- Start-up approx. 1st February 2021
- Membership in the State pension fund
- We are governed by overarching tariff agreements, negotiated between the workers’ and employers’ unions NHO and YS/Negotia respectively.
For more information regarding the position, please contact Marte Fremstedal, firstname.lastname@example.org, tlf 41651133
Please note that to be eligible to apply, candidates must have, and be able to prove, current and valid permission to live and work in Norway; Norwegian Red Cross is unable to provide relocation support.
Norwegian Red Cross is focused on diversity and inclusion. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply, regardless of age, gender, ability, religion or race. We will make appropriate adjustments to the working environment as required.